The Good Search is seeking a telecommuting Engagement Manager to join our elite team. The Engagement Manager will develop a book of business, manage executive search and research engagements, as well as conduct hands-on recruiting and research. The role offers an opportunity for significant advancement at one of the leading executive search and human capital intelligence practices in the country. While the role is a telecommuting one, we prefer candidates in the Greater New York City and Boston area so that we can meet in person as required. The role is ideally suited for management consultants in digital practices, data journalists/editors, computational reporters, and other experienced professionals in data-intensive fields who are seeking an opportunity that offers unparalleled work/life balance as well as rewarding, innovative work.
The Good Search, LLC is a retained search firm (The Good Search) and recruiting research practice (Intellerati). Though we are a boutique practice, we have served as a strategic recruitment partner to some of the world’s most powerful and successful companies in media and technology. Our clients range from top tier venture capital startups and private equity portfolio companies to Fortune 100 behemoths. Founded in 1999, we have laid down more than a two decade-long track record of success recruiting top talent for than 600 search engagements.
An essential part of our success is our ability to hire individuals that share our passion and vision. We are a next-generation executive search practice. We are transforming search as we know it, eliminating many of the things that get in the way of great talent and great companies finding one another. By helping them prosper, we prosper: it is simply good business. It is also right purpose. We actually believe that by fixing what is broken about recruiting, we can help make the world a better place. That is our motivation and our mission.
- Consult with management to scope engagements, set research strategy, and resource the engagement to ensure success.
- Manage research projects through successful completion, taking a hands-on approach. For recruiting research engagements, this includes candidates identification, profiling, screening, and qualifying candidates.
- Maintain high-touch concierge-quality client relationships, and proactively manage engagements to achieve client satisfaction and future engagements.
- Effectively apply Intellerati research methodology, enforce research standards, and ensure a consistent brand experience.
- Anticipate and minimize risk during the engagement. Proactively document any issue and immediately bring to the attention of management for resolution.
- Serve as master researcher, recruiter, and data subject-matter expert, training and mentoring more junior associates on the team.
- Track and communicate project, team, and personal metrics.
- Prepare reports. Review all deliverables to ensure a high-quality reseach product, checking for type-os, formatting consistency, and research quality before delivering reports to clients.
- Prepare for and participate in weekly meetings with client. Escalate and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain strong relationship with candidates. Elicit referrals to candidates and new clients.
- Evangelize Intellerati and The Good Search. Build a book of business.
If you are accomplished academically and professionally, if you have always been one of the smartest people in the room, and if you believe in the power of information to make a real difference in the world as well as in your own life, then let’s talk. Send us an email with your resume attached. Please detail your availability (when you could start work), what distinguishes you as a candidate, and why you’d want to join our team. The role is as an independent contractor to start.