The Good Search is seeking a telecommuting Recruiting Research Associate to join our boutique executive recruiting practice. We welcome recent graduates who have majored in journalism, marketing, business, or other research-intensive fields. We also are a welcoming place for journalists who have been recently downsized or who have grown tired of the rounds of layoffs in the newsroom. The Good Search was founded by a former investigative journalist. We value the skill sets journalists bring to the table: a dogged determination to get the information you are seeking, a commitment to accuracy, an ability to spot patterns and solve puzzles, and a fascination with getting to know movers and shakers.
The Good Search, LLC recruits senior executive and technology talent for some of the most powerful and successful companies in the digital arena. Our clients range from top-tier venture capital startups and private equity portfolio companies to Fortune 100 giants in technology and media. Founded in 1999, we have laid down more than two decade-long track record of success recruiting top talent with more than 600 engagements.
We made “Good” our middle name for a reason. We actually care about the candidate, the client, and want to make a difference in this world. We regularly support diversity recruitment efforts because women, Black, and Latinx executives remain under-represented at the executive level, particularly in technology.
An essential part of our success is our ability to hire individuals who share our passion for making a difference and who want to build a business dedicated to the relentless pursuit of that ideal. That is our motivation and our mission.
As a Research Associate, you will conduct company and executive research. You will identify prospective candidates, build out profiles in our database, develop phone and email details, and verify that information. In doing so, you will analyze the data for competitive insights and business intelligence.
Our research associates also build org charts of target companies. It’s a little like piecing together a giant jigsaw puzzle. They figure out how companies are structured, what people are working in what teams, and what product groups are within each team. In doing so, they’re up to their elbows in our database. So it helps if you are adept at analyzing corporate data, spotting patterns in the information, and enjoy wrangling data to ensure data quality.
Additionally, our associates recruit, conducting initial outreach to candidates to qualify them. They also speak with sources and industry experts to network our way to the perfect candidate. Our associates thrive on the challenge of finding the perfect candidate. (In fact, not finding the ideal candidate occasionally keeps us up at night.) In other words, we do a lot of online research and when we recruit, we do a lot of calling. (So it helps if you like to pick up the phone and actually talk to people.) In doing so, you will serve as an ambassador of our firm, building trusted relationships as we glean insights, and cultivating prospective clients.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Conducting company and candidate research
- Analyzing information to develop insights and business intelligence
- Recruiting and qualifying prospective candidates
- Alerting us immediately of any issue or problem with recommended solutions
- Checking research to ensure it is error-free and ready for reporting out to the client
- Running reports for weekly meetings with clients and other reports as needed
- Managing research projects to ensure research is delivered on-time.
- Cultivating candidate and industry-expert relationships to grow our firm.
- A college degree, honors preferred.
- Experience working in a research-intensive field such as data journalism, computational reporting, or marketing.
- Attention to detail. You enjoy making sure the research is error-free.
- Strong sense of curiosity. Love of puzzle-solving.
- A self-starter, someone who is intrinsically motivated to be successful.
- Enjoys teamwork and collaboration with a positive outlook.
- Discreet and protects the confidentiality of client engagements.
- Natural leadership ability. Takes responsibility for a successful outcome.
To apply, send us an email with your resume attached. Please detail your availability (when you could start work), what distinguishes you as a candidate, and why you’d want to join our team. The role is as an independent contractor to start. Additionally, if you have a few minutes, we invite you to share additional details to help us better understand all that you bring to the table.