Research Associate | Careers | The Good Search
Telecommuting Research Associate
The Good Search is seeking a telecommuting Research Associate to join our boutique executive recruiting practice. If you are smart, educated, collaborative, and technically adept, you may have what it takes to join our elite team. We prefer candidates with a background in research intensive-fields, such as investigative or data journalism — people who have a knack for finding things out. Our firm was founded by a former award-winning investigative journalist with a specialty in computer-assisted research. We believe in searching smarter. Our robust research expertise is our secret sauce.
The Good Search, LLC recruits senior executive and technology talent for some of the most powerful and successful companies in the digital arena. Our clients range from top-tier venture capital startups and private equity portfolio companies to Fortune 100 giants in technology and media. Founded in 1999, we have laid down more than a decade-long track record of success recruiting top talent with an excess of 500 search engagements.
We made “Good” our middle name for a reason. We actually care about the candidate, the client, and about each of our team members and want to make a difference in this world. As a result, an essential part of our success is our ability to hire individuals who share our passion for fixing what is broken about recruiting, and who want to build a business dedicated to the relentless pursuit of that ideal. That is our motivation and our mission.
As a Research Associate, you will conduct company and executive research. You will identify prospective candidates, build out profiles in our database, develop phone and email details, and verify that information. In doing so, you will analyze the data for competitive insights and business intelligence.
Our research associates thrive on the challenge of finding the perfect candidate. (In fact, not finding the ideal candidate occasionally keeps us up at night.) They build org charts of target companies. It’s a little like piecing together a giant jigsaw puzzle. In other words, we do a lot of online research and when we recruit, we do a lot of calling. (So it helps if you like to pick up the phone and actually talk to people.) In doing so, we build trusted relationships as we glean insights and gather intelligence.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Conducting company and candidate research
- Analyzing information to develop insights and business intelligence
- Recruiting and qualifying prospective candidates
- Alerting us immediately of any issue or problem with recommended solutions
- Checking research to ensure it is error-free and ready for reporting out to the client
- Running reports for weekly meetings with clients and other reports as needed
- Managing research projects to ensure research is delivered on-time.
- A college degree, honors preferred.
- A background in journalism or another research-intensive field.
- Technically adept. Experienced with online research, databases, and social media preferred.
- Strong sense of curiosity. Love of puzzle-solving.
- Intrinsically motivated to be successful. (This is not always a 9-to-5 job.)
- Enjoys teamwork and collaboration.
- Natural leadership ability. Takes responsibility for a successful outcome.
Send us an email with your resume attached. Please detail your current work status (employed/unemployed), current or most recent salary, availability (when you could start work), what distinguishes you as a candidate, and why you’d want to join our team. If you’d like to fast track your candidacy and have 10-15 minutes to spare, click here to tell us a little more about yourself.